Saturday, December 5, 2009
Texas Two-Step: Method 3, In the Cloud
I haven't given thought until now to wonder where my Google mail resides. The initial knowledge that it might be in Boston one day and on a server in Los Angeles another day is unsettling. However, the benefits I've had with my Gmail in the cloud compensates for that. Zoho looks intriguing, but I find that my intuition and online "intuitive" programs are often not on the same wavelength. I scanned some of the Zoho apps, but wish there was more instruction. I'll search for some sites in the cloud that will simplify and explain this process to me. Doug Johnson's idea of carrying a light and inexpensive netbook, and putting nearly everything else in the cloud is appealing. But I do have concerns about loss of identity, loss of electricity, loss of connectivity. As is true for all new inventions that are widely-used, this one will become stronger, safer, and easier to use.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment