Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thing 17: Rollyo

Until I tried it, I thought the only difference between Rollyo and a pathfinder on my school's server would be public access outside my district. The magic happened when I posted my list and then searched. I posted a list of Texas Regions sites for my fourth graders who are required to do a project on a Texas city. Now they will be able to search all the sites for Cuero or San Antonio instead of having to open and search each site individually. Wow!

The only thing I think would make the site more useful is if we could type in the name of the site with the address. Looking at someone else's roll list means I have to open each site to see what it is. If it were named, I would know which I could trust (Smithsonian, National Geographic, etc.). The site may be young--I found little to help me in the elementary library at this point, at least for the searches I did.

Great tool, and SO simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment