Sunday, June 14, 2009

Thing 2: 7 1/2 Habits of Successful Learners

The easiest habit for me is to accept responsibility for my own learning. Dad was in the military, so we moved a lot and the quality of my education was very uneven. However, he gave us what we needed to become life-long learners, voracious readers, and fluent writers. He is gone now, but he would have been all over this 2.0 stuff.



The hardest? Viewing difficulties as learning opportunities. To be an effective teacher-librarian, I have to engage my learners, and today that means through interactivity and productivity. I've got to start that vertical climb, learning some of the best of the countless apps and strategies. As Habit 4 urges, say what you want to be true. So I believe that I'm going to have at least 23 learning opportunities and that I WILL overcome my frustration and feelings of inadequacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment