Vicki inspired me to think positively about these new tools. So it was surprising that two of the first sites I linked to from her "How to Create Your Circle of the Wise: How to pick the reads in your RSS" were not positive.
1. Creating Passionate Users "As for the future of this blog, I know I cannot just return to business as usual -- whatever absurd reasons have led to this much hatred for me (and for what I write here) will continue, so there is no reason to think the same things wouldn't happen again... and probably soon."2. Order for Closure , the recent "Most Influential Post" winner in The Edublogs 2008 Awards, displayed its most recent post (2/04/08), and last post, right after the annuncement of its award: "This blog has been disabled in compliance with DECS wishes."
Not all is sweetness and light in the blogosphere. Over all, I found a number of interesting blogs to follow, but only selected a handful. I'll follow them and see how they use my time. Though they had won Edublog 2008 Awards, not all of the winning sites are still online. Vicki and her Cool Cat Teacher Blog gave me a lot of good information and will be included in my selective Circle of the Wise.
Ironically, the subscription I look forward to reading is one I discovered on the blog search. It is to an online print magazine, Technology and Learning. This old dog is trying new tricks, but keeps returning to its old favorites!

Hi Pat,
ReplyDeleteI agree with your comment on blogs and time. They must use my time wisely.
Lisa M. otherwise known as ladybug